Chlorine, Chloramines & Organic Compounds
The liquid form of Chlorine is a water additive used by municipal water systems to control microbes and
bacteria. Chlorine is a powerful oxidant and when utilized in water treatment it and some of its compounds
can cause many problems. Chlorine levels can be consumed through drinking water, absorbed through your skin
bathing, and through ingestion of chlorine gas in the shower which all cause health issues.
Lead & Heavy Metals
Lead is a metal that occurs naturally in the earth which is harmful to people of all ages. Lead can enter
into your house through Lead pipes feeding the municipality or soldered pipe connections with lead in the
solder. Ongoing exposures to even small amounts of Lead may result to harmful levels in the body once in
your blood it can be eliminated by urine or builds up in your bones which could be stored in your body for
up to 30 years. Health effects associated with exposure to high levels of Lead include vomiting, diarrhea,
convulsions, coma or in rare and severe cases result in death.
Removes Volatile Organic Chemicals